Contact and Department Information
Phone: (780) 656-3755
Fax: (780) 656-3743
To View and Download ... click here
Road Foremans Report
To Download Road Foremans Report ... click here
Programs & Services
Request for dust control along with payment should be received by the County on or before May 1st of each year.
The length for the dust control will be a minimum of 150 meters (500 feet). Any additional length of dust treatment will be at full cost to the applicant.
Applications are available at Smoky Lake County Public Works Office during office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Payments must be made when the request for dust treatment is submitted.
To View and Download the Complete Policy: click here
To View and Download the Complete By-Law: click here
Snow Clearing of Private Driveways
The County provides snow clearing services to Smoky Lake County residents for their residential driveways under the following terms and conditions:
- The resident buys a flag and a flag is posted at the entrance to the driveway well before County snow clearing equipment is expected.
- Snow will be cleared along the most direct route commonly used to access the residence, including the turn-around in the yard where it is safe to do so, conditional upon a minimum of 6 inches of snow.
- Areas considered too narrow or too close to buildings or other possible hazards to the safe use of the equipment as determined by the equipment operator will not be eligible for snow clearing.
- Snow clearing on private residential driveways will take place after all County roads have been cleared with the exception of those belonging to health care and emergency workers, and people with a known life threatening health risk, excluding people having previously scheduled doctor’s appointments.
Flags may be purchased at the County’s Public Works Shop from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and various other locations that may be determined from time to time.
All flag purchasers must sign a “Hold Harmless Agreement”. Each Agreement shall clearly indicate:
- The name of the purchaser(s);
- The title of the document proving age or handicap, when required;
- The legal description for the location where snowplowing is requested; and, The serial number(s) of the flag(s) sold.
To View and Download the Complete Policy: click here Or contact the county office.
Sale of Sand and Gravel
To View and Download the Complete Policy please visit our policy page.
Notice to Register Contract Equipment
Owners of gravel truck(s) with belly dump trailer(s), water truck(s) and road construction equipment are asked to register their equipment at the County Shop or Packages can be downloaded here. All owners must complete a Registration Form, outlining the equipment description, model, serial number, year as well as proof of insurance coverage, with two million dollars liability and WCB Account.Owners of gravel truck(s) with belly dump trailer(s), water truck(s) and road construction equipment are asked to register their equipment at the County Shop or Packages can be downloaded here.policy page.