Transfer Station Hours
Landfills and Waste Transfer Site Locations
Transfer Sites These facilities are for the use of household waste only.
- Bellis Beach
- Bonnie Lake
- Hamlet of Bellis
- Hamlin/ Stry
- Hanmore Lake
- Hillside Acres
- Mons Lake
- Paradise Cove
- Whitefish Lake Properties
Smoky Lake Landfill
Located along the Iron Horse Trail 5 km northeast of the Town of Smoky Lake - Range Road 172A
Located 7 km northwest of Spedden on Township Road 602 and Range Road 124.
All transfer sites will accept the following waste: (Warspite and all the subdivision and lake sites accept only household waste)
- General household waste
- Metal, stoves, fridges, freezers, etc.
- Plastic oil jugs/oil/filters
- Plastic milk containers
- Paint/paint cans
- Wood and burnables, branches, etc.
- Grass clippings/garden waste
- Propane tanks
- Batteries (vehicles)
- Electronic waste/TVs, computers, printers, etc
Herbicide and pesticide containers: Smoky Lake, Vilna and Spedden.
Sewage: Can be dumped at Warspite and Bellis lagoons, with the approval of the Smoky Lake County Environmental Operations Department.
No sites will accept:
- Deceased animals
- Hazardous waste
- Oilfield waste
- Vehicle bodies
Rates for Disposal
To View and Download Residential Rate Sheet... click here
To View and Download Commercial Demolition Material Rate Sheet... click here
No Fee Disposals
- Appliances (stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, hot water tanks, barbeques)
- Household and office furniture (tables & chairs, couches, mattresses and desks, TV’s, stereos, computers)
- Unbagged leaves, grass, garden waste for composting
- Salvageable Scrap Metal
- Burnable Materials
- Trees, Shrubs
- Wet Batteries (cars)
- Dry Batteries (Dry Cell)
Contact and Department Information
Dave Franchuk, Environmental Operations Manager
Phone: (780) 656-3730
Fax: (780) 656-3768